Accounts Payable Coordinator
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for preparing and processing invoices for payment, recording transactions, maintaining the accounts payable records and producing accounts payable reports for Zappos.Com. Also responsible for maintenance of various departmental projects, providing administrative support as needed. Other duties as assigned by Senior Manager and Controller.
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including imaging and retention of documents, coding and invoices, review, and process check request, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into SAP system, this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Evaluate and reconcile all vendor statements and manage all inquiries
- Resolving any discrepancies in price and quantity
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Performing account/payment reconciliations(GRIR)
- Identifying delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards
- Inputting vendor and payment terms into accounts payable system(s)
- Processing any credits received against payments
- Print and maintain A/P reports and vendor files
- Creating new vendors and managing vendor updates in account payable system(s)
- Researching and resolving account-related issues
- Manage the integrity of information contained in the accounts payable database and files so that information is retrievable for departments, and intact for the annual audit
- Provide support to Zappos internal auditors during Annual Audit
- Assist with month, quarter and year end closing
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed
What You’ll need To Bring
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Accounting, preferably in Accounts Payable
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Accounting preferred
- Previous experience as an Accounts Payable Associate
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!