Retail Store Team Member - Unboxed!
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for friendly and reliable team members to join our retail family at Zappos Unboxed located at Mall St. Matthews. The Retail Store Operations Team Member will be expected to perform a wide variety of tasks each day while focusing on providing WOW customer service.
The Retail Store Operations Team Member will focus on an assigned area as well as helping other team members in their areas as needed. These activities will include providing excellent customer service, knowledge of store equipment and utilization, restocking merchandise on the floor, creating a compelling visual presentation, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. You will be constantly gaining product knowledge and sharing information with customers and fellow team members alike.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, a passion for customer service, some retail experience, and the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide a friendly atmosphere at all times by greeting each guest and focusing on their positive experience throughout their visit.
- Point of Sale proficiency to ensure speed of service and accurate transactions completed meeting company guidelines
- Ensure cash handling procedures are completed to standard
- Communicating issues and concerns to leadership team with a great sense of urgency
- Taking initiative to support store operations including operating equipment and cash registers
- Able to lift 25lbs, stand for long periods of time, and utilize repeated motion
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Time management skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Merchandising skills
- Attention to detail
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!