Website Merchandiser Brand Specialist
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Website Merchandiser Brand Specialist manages the planning and execution of site content. This role is responsible for the online merchandising to drive sales, margin and conversion. The site merchandiser-will support the execution of online merchandising and product information strategy for all categories of Ralph Lauren. The objectives will be met by the creation of compelling customer driven merchandise assortments and product management within the site merchandising team. The Website Merchandising Brand Specialist will execute on brand strategy to enable Zappos to sell a range of products that delivers sales and products that delivers sales and profit targets.
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys working with visual designers, copywriters, email and the merchandising team to ensure to surface the products bought at the right time on the right locations on site to help achieve sales plans, this role is for you. This position will require leading and joining regular calls with Ralph Lauren, quarterly business reviews, merchants and other business partners. It will also require a highly analytical and organized person who possesses great communication and presentation skills. Cross functional partners include Merchants, Brand Partnerships, Marketing, Search, PDP Team, SEO Team, Taxonomy Team, Analytics, Strategy and other stakeholders within the Site Merchandising team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Act as primarily liaison for Ralph Lauren within the Zappos organization, building strategic cross-functional relationships to leverage necessary resources for best-in-class execution
- Align data across all customer touch points and devices, establish best practices across competitive landscape; assist in promotion execution, brand shop execution, facet and browse optimization
- Identify online opportunities to increase sales, conversion and profit performance by leveraging site reporting, the customer insights dashboard, e-mail and site placements data (Supporting data points: Conversion, Impressions, & Clicks) for Brand
- Strategize and collaborate directly with Brand and partner with Merchants, Brand Partnerships, and Strategy teams to understand business strategy, objectives and priorities
- Participate in Quarterly Business Review meetings, providing insights and strategies to determine next steps for best online experience
- Participate in Market when necessary
- Analyze site metrics and drive innovation to improve customer experience
- Review metrics weekly, provide monthly reporting, and conduct quarterly deep dives (with allowable data points)
- Regularly monitor retail landscape to gain insight and develop strategies to improve site experience
- Seek out opportunities to grow the business by improving the customer shopping experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills for very technical CMS software
- Become an expert in and execute site placements in various content management systems error-free
- Ability to work with visual design, buying, content, marketing and planning organizations
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience with web technology platforms/working with a content management system to update pages
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision
- Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Experience In interpreting web analytics and optimizing KPIs
- Possesses critical thinking skills, supported by an understanding of web analytics and its applications
- Skilled in researching, reviewing and communicating results in non-technical terms to a variety of audiences
- Strong understanding and passion for retail, fashion trends at visual merchandising on the page
- General product knowledge of footwear and apparel a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
What You’ll need To Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-5 years site merchandising experience
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!