Lead Software Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
This is a lead software engineer position for a suite of internally developed Business Applications.
The software engineering lead will be expected to help define core architecture and roadmap implementation strategies as well as be a core contributor to existing and the redesigned efforts of some of these applications, most importantly the internally developed EPM application
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the software developers for Zappos internally developed Business Applications
- Own the technical stack and architecture for these tools
- Coordinate development and release activities with engineers, scrum masters and product owners to ensure technical work is properly scoped and estimated.
- Provide solid feedback based on code reviews and mentor other members of the development team.
- Manage and contribute code to back end and front end applications
- Management of applications, apis and technology stack for applications
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of agile software development creating robust and reliable solutions that deliver against ambitious product roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or 8 years equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Java, knowledge of Ruby and common development frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise performance management application and finance
- Thorough understand of cloud technology particularly AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers