Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The FC General Manager will be a single threaded leader for a fulfillment and distribution center that is focused on quality, speed, and supporting an e-commerce inbound, outbound, and returns business with world-class execution.
This position will include assignments and long-term projects in a variety of other functions within the organization that include optimization and driving cross-functional efficiencies. The candidate must have a strong experience in leadership, implementing processes, and developing an elite workforce while working independently in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate and partner across the supply chain organization to develop best practices for your function and advocate for improvements within the greater ecosystem
- Continually growing and developing the fulfillment center in a way that supports the long-term brand vision
- Develop and manage a fulfillment operations team to create an elite e-commerce small parcel and bulk distribution network
- Develop processes for and manage all scheduling, inbound, outbound, and returns processes
- Interface with support teams, S&OP, and capacity planning to remove obstacles and solve challenges
- Lead an operations team with clarity of expectation, strong process management, and coaching
- Recognize and adopt best practices in process engineering, safety, and fulfillment planning
- Responsible for performance metrics to drive key business decisions
- Utilize data to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals
- Work with cross-functional teams and supply chain leadership to improve supply chain performance using KPIs and root cause analysis
- Minimum of 4 years of operational leadership experience
- Minimum of 8 years of operational experience (fulfillment, warehousing, or supply chain operations)
- Experience with building and maintaining a high performing team
- E-commerce and FC launch experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with third-party reporting tools; Experience managing and reporting data from databases and spreadsheets
- Experience with inventory quality and lean six sigma principles required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or Business degree with concentration in Supply Chain Management; Familiarity with general Supply Chain processes
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!