Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Development - Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our Search and Product Page Team. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of software developers to build and maintain exciting experiences for our customers that differentiate Zappos.com and 6pm.com in the e-commerce space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Professional development and career progression of your employees
- Collaborating with product management, project management, and other stakeholders within the Zappos family to successfully execute on projects
- Coordinating with your developers and our monitoring/systems/build and release staff to ensure the stability and uptime of your stack(s)
- Ensuring the happiness of your developers by helping set up team building events, participating in hackathons, and generally helping to make Zappos an awesome place to work
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years professional software development experience (preferably Java)
- 2+ year managing software developers (preferably Java developers)
- Experiencing executing on one large development project involving Java, Spring MVC, MySQL, AWS, and Solr
- 5+ years experience as a senior software engineer, primarily developing in Java/Spring
- 5+ years experience managing a team of Java developers
- Experiencing leading a team to success on multiple large development projects involving Java, Spring MVC, MySQL, AWS, and Solr
- Experience working as a software developer / manager for an e-commerce company
- Experience leading teams using an agile / scrum methodology
What you didn’t know about the team:
- We like fluffy unicorns
- We can eat 15+ Krispy Kreme donuts in a 20 minute timespan
- Some of us are willing to hike 3 of Southern California's tallest mountains in one day. (I said some of us!)
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers