Buyer (Inventory Manager)
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Zappos Ecommerce Operations Team is looking for an experienced Buyer (Inventory Manager) that has a customer focused mindset when making decisions on how best to plan and manage inventory health. The Inventory Manager will be responsible for on-site inventory levels as well as drive analysis and optimization of the systems and processes to ensure we provide the right product at the right price at the right time to the customer. Additionally, the Inventory Manager will drive initiatives that improve contribution profit, stock out levels, customer experience, and operational performance.
What you will be doing:
- Managing replenishable inventory levels to achieve overall company KPI goals set for turn and profitability
- Managing inventory health buckets to improve order flow and stock out rates
- Partnering with internal technical teams to help create and drive tools and process improvements, including replenishment and demand forecasting
- Partnering with Merchandising and Planning teams in driving sales and profitability growth
- Working with vendor partners to collaborate on inventory assortments
- Driving complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve profitability
- Developing inventory assortment plans for replenishable product that support the business unit targets for sales, inventory health, and profitability
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Retail Planning, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Merchandising, Finance, Retail Planning, Supply Chain and/or other related field
- Strong Analytical skills combined with passion to take insights beyond traditional retail math and take action on findings
- Exceptional business judgment, strong communication skills, and a practical and logical approach to getting things done
- Advanced Excel skills with experience utilizing large data sets, multiple variables, and business intelligence tools to inform decisions
- Capable of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Track Record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities
- Success at collaborating with and influencing others
- Passion for retail, buying, data, and continuous improvement
What you didn't know about the team:
The Team plays a critical role in the Circus. We are the jugglers - juggling the Past, Present, and Future.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!