Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
The Ecommerce Operations Pricing team is looking for an experienced Pricing Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing pricing strategy and best practices across Zappos’ sales channels. In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders around the company including E-Commerce Operations, Merchandising, Site Operations, Marketing and Analytics to ensure a shared understanding of financial goals, customer shopping behaviors, category strategies, financial and marketing levers as well as any other key business drivers as input to the overall pricing strategy.
You will join a team of highly motivated individuals that are passionate about pricing and analytics. As a team, we are tasked with creating pricing strategies and rules based on analysis and input from data in order to determine how best to price an item that will be attractive for our customers but also profitable for Zappos.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the pricing team in developing forward-thinking pricing strategies and processes that optimize sales, profitability and brand positioning to achieve Zappos’ vision
- Ensure pricing effectively communicates and aligns Zappos value proposition and customer value perception
- Continually evaluate competitors and marketplace dynamics to assess the impact on Zappos’ business and develop data driven pricing strategy and process recommendations
- Define, analyze and review with stakeholders key business metrics (e.g. sales, share, value perception, margin, customer attributes, etc.) to continually evaluate and refine pricing practices, tactics and strategy
- Create and apply testing framework for pricing to continuously update and improve pricing strategies
Pricing Operations & Systems:
- Ensure day to day pricing process, policies and practices effectively support business objectives and strategic goals, while ensuring SOX and legal compliance
- Drive the implementation of tactical pricing initiatives and strategy changes, addressing process, technical requirements, communication, training users and overall change management in coordination with other key stakeholders including merchandising, marketing and site operations
- Provide inputs to the pricing systems roadmap, ensuring pricing systems support implementing the planned pricing strategy and process changes
- Continually evaluate competitive pricing operations, data quality, and execution while looking for process gaps or areas for optimization and systematization
- Recruit, develop and coach pricing team members to excel at their jobs and progress in their careers
- Manage the pricing team, developing business and pricing acumen as well as creating efficient internal processes and practices
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Merchandising, Business or related field
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 8+ years of overall working experience
- 5+ years of experience in pricing related project leadership, business analysis, and strategy development in a retail, consulting, or consumer-packaged goods environment
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Customer-focused mindset
- Experience in dynamic pricing within the e-commerce space or related industry
- Outstanding strategic thinking and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to synthesize facts and insights into concrete, actionable recommendations
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment; equally adept at providing leadership as well as working side by side with the team
- Pleasant and fun attitude
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!