Human Resources Business Partner
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing
- Promote employee welfare through relationship building, conflict resolution, team building, and partnerships
- Participate in the design and delivery of people plans for business leaders in order to achieve objectives
- Employ demonstrated change management skills to ensure that Zappos’ people needs are met
- Provide HR assistance and employee relations support in-line with our culture. Executing and following through on the HR assistance provided
- Aiding in mentoring, training, establishing development goals, and performance management for Employee Relations Team Members
- Partners with business areas to align HR strategy to business strategy
- Capable of building a strong business relationship with business leaders
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations matters. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Coordinating with the organization’s Legal division on necessary employee relations matters
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Provides guidance and input on business area restructures, and workforce planning
- Identifies training needs for the business area and partners with internal training to attend to need
- Willingness to speak in a group setting, develop, and facilitate HR training courses
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or business related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years human resources experience
- Exposure to employee benefits, recruiting, training, and employee engagement preferred
- Project management experience and proven success in planning, leading, and implementing human resources initiatives and projects
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity, can shift gears without angst, and decide and act without having to have the total picture
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of leadership
- Able to thrive and contribute in Zappos’ unique culture, informed by our core values and governed by our holacratic structure
- Ability to work amongst numerous distractions and take work direction from more than one person and prioritize accordingly
- Customer focus—ability to embrace our core value of “Deliver WOW Through Service” by anticipating and exceeding the needs of internal customers served
- A leader by example for collaboration; will be the standard bearer for working effectively and peacefully across functional groups, including HR
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Highly discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Sense of humor required!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!