Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Work remotely due to COVID-19
What you'll be doing:
- Administration of Linux servers and EC2 instances.
- Manage servers on both the hardware and software levels, install, rebuild and upgrade OS and applications.
- Setting up system backups and recovery in AWS.
- Automation of tasks using Shell and Python scripts.
- Troubleshooting problems and analyzing system logs.
- Patching servers with security updates.
- Coordinate with our Systems Engineering team on our daily Chime meeting.
- Administration of mail (IMAP), LDAP, DHCP, DNS, and syslog servers.
- Document and maintain configuration and troubleshooting procedures.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support.
- Eating good foods and sharing friendship (remotely! on site! both?)
- 3+ years Linux expertise, from shell all the way down to the kernel, including internals and networking.
- A strong love of making things easier on yourself and others by automating the heck out of everything
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is fun and borderline wacky. Maybe an excessive amount of wacky. Maybe not that much wacky. Definitely fast paced. Did I say wacky?
What really excites us:
- AWS experience or certifications are a plus!
- Networking experience (working with switches, firewalls, routers, packet sniffers, load balancers).
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms.
- Splunk administration and engineering.
- Experience using Docker.
What you didn't know about the team:
- They are just as wacky and random as this job description.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers