Sr. Business Analyst, Competitive Market Analytics
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Are you a great storyteller with a wild side for quantitative analytics? Do you love spotting trends, building strategic frameworks that create a direct and positive contribution to your company? If yes, we can’t wait to talk to you! We are looking for an exceptional Senior Business Analyst of Competitive Intelligence who not only lives and breathes competitive analytics, but embodies the Zappos Core Values and inspires them in others. In this role, you will get your hands dirty scouring industry data and thinking critically about retail and e-commerce trends to inform key strategic decisions at Zappos. You will also need impeccable communication as you share these findings with cross-functional business partners and strategic groups to help drive growth in sales, profitability and share of wallet.
What you will be doing:
- Translate data from multiple sources into simplified stories and actionable insights to drive business decisions and anticipate/respond to cross functional business needs
- Constant monitoring on visitor and conversion trends, identifying issues, opportunities and assisting in executing related action plans
- Identify and perform "Deep dive" analysis/data mining on special business topics for and with all major functional area to identify trends in brands, products, customers, experience, etc.
- Provide regular industry and competitive landscape benchmarking on business operations and brand level information to leadership
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced financial models that provide a platform for decision making on a variety of business issues
- Liaise with functional area teams (eg: Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Fulfillment, Customer Service, etc) on cross-functional initiatives
- Present findings and recommendations for actions to leadership and other cross-functional areas
- Assist business owners in setting short-term and long-term strategic goals by providing an external perspective
- Create ad hoc analyses and recommendations
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field (Business/Marketing/Economics etc.). Master degree a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneur spirit
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools and data extraction, migration, cleansing, mining etc. Python, R, and SQL
- Possess a solid understanding of businesses landscapes, with an ability to connect various data points into a coherent strategic story
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to achieve results
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong business acumen, analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
- Be results and team oriented and foster that culture with other
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc.
- Build/foster good working relationships with internal customers
- Is a self-directed, self-starter, who is proactive, and can appropriately reorganize priorities calmly, positively, and confidently, with ninja-like skills, in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!