FP&A Senior Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
What you will be doing
- Play a key role in the business planning and review processes, providing analytical and strategic support to internal customers throughout our business
- Leverage data analytics and visualization tools to deliver insights on operational trends within the business
- Build advanced quantitative analysis and financial models
- Become a subject matter expert in your assigned functional areas and work closely with business leaders to set and achieve financial targets
- Perform in-depth analysis of critical business activities and business units in order to determine upcoming opportunities as well as business risks
- Able to participate in the creation of annual forecasts and budgets and able to identify material drivers to variance analysis
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external reporting schedules, as well as automating reporting processes
- Play a strategic role in the reporting and planning of the company’s workforce and operational management
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks to ensure the FP&A team meets their deliverables
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW customers, co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc. with a focus on Doing More With Less
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus
- Minimum of 1-3 years of analytical work experience in merchandising and/or finance
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, analytical and modeling skills
- Ability to understand and optimize workflow processes and systems
- Advanced knowledge in Excel is required
- Python, R, VBA or other scripting experience is a plus
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with track record of meeting tight deadlines
What you didn’t know about the team:
- Each year around Halloween the entire FP&A team puts on an incredibly terrifying haunted house for the Zappos employees
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!