Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
Zappos is an employee first organization with a strong focus on the employee experience! The Human Resources Team at Zappos is responsible for promoting a healthy, fun, and collaborative work environment. This leader will have the unique opportunity to drive people related programs that focus on bringing a culture of feedback and enhance every aspect of the Employee Life Cycle to a self-managed organization. You will have the ability to showcase your leadership skills and creative approach to keeping the HR team engaged and focused on successfully delivering on key initiatives. This role will be instrumental in making Zappos the best place to work!
Who We're Looking For
If you are a driven leader with experience in change management that enjoys having a little fun while working hard, this role is for you. To be successful in this role you should be familiar with all areas of HR including HRIS, Benefits & Compensation, Employee Relations, Talent Development, Compliance & Analytics and Employee Engagement. Leading with empathy, ownership and accountability are key qualities to being successful in this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop Strategic plans to evaluate and improve the employee experience
- Support organizational change-management projects communications and transition plans
- Drive key HR initiatives defined by the leadership team by building strong relationships
- Lead, guide and mentor other managers within the department.
- Analyze people data and collaborate with leaders departmentally and organizationally to provide solutions focused on achieving win-win outcomes.
- Drive people processes and ensure compliance to internal policies and best practices
- Writes and delivers presentations to leadership regarding HR strategies and initiatives
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
What You’ll need To Bring
- A minimum of 5 or more years of Human Resources
- Proven experience as a Sr. HR Manager
- You have a serious commitment to people development, engagement and are a champion for our culture.
- Able to inspire confidence in senior leadership and other managers through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Excellent knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Business acumen-overall understanding of company finances and how to use this information to push back and support managers in their resource planning.
- Ability to solve problems both operational and strategic through a pragmatic and sound business approach.
- Effective planner who is able to anticipate problems ahead of time, planning for both worst-case and best-case scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
- Previous experience as Sr. HR Manager
- Master Degree Preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!