Director of Human Resources
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Human Resource Director is primarily responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all human resource functions within the organization, and will manage personnel to ensure that human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives.
Additionally, this position will implement Human Resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as a liaison between employees and leaders to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations
- Analyzing and reporting department budgets and performance metrics to executive leadership regularly
- Anticipating, investigating, and resolving HR related litigation risks
- Assessing the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development as well as drive the appropriate solutions
- Attracting and maintaining a skilled and talented workforce to promote company culture and growth opportunities
- Collaborating with the organizations leadership to establish HR plans and solutions for the business client organizations to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results
- Developing and implementing all human resources policies, processes, and strategies including defining priorities and business objectives
- Guiding management and employee actions within the organization by researching, defining, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Overseeing the work of HR personnel and provide guidance when needed
- Partnering with senior leaders and their teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that cultivate growth, innovation and organizational effectiveness.
- Planning, directing, and supervising all human resources functions and programs to ensure department performance is meeting KPI expectations
- Providing HR leadership to remote HR teams of business partners including coaching, mentoring and professional development
- Supporting management by providing human resources expertise to assist with decision making process as it pertains to employee relation issues (staffing processes, salary inquiries, etc.)
What you'll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 7 years of human resources/employee relations experience
- 4+ years of HR Management experience
- 4+ years of leadership and staff development experience
- Working experience with E-Commerce and/or Technology based organizations
- Working experience with assisting a business through a variety of organizational changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or equivalent experience
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!