Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
- Load and unload company trucks and trailers
- Operate and drive equipment safely and according to company standards
- Maintain professional conduct in every interaction with the clients or the public
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads deliver, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Valid CDL (Class A)
- No automatic only restriction on License
- No more than two moving violations; OR two preventable accidents; OR a combination of one moving violation and one preventable accident within the last two years.
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen and physical, Valid DOT Medical Card
- Comply with all DOT and company rules and regulations
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!