Senior Financial Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for an outstanding finance analyst to join the Zappos Operations team. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role in the business review process and will provide analytical and strategic support to the Zappos Operations team. You will be challenged to grow professionally by mastering advanced skills in quantitative analysis and will be expected to use your financial prowess to develop data-driven financial models that provide valuable insights for the business. You will provide written analysis that will be used strategically by senior leadership and will become an expert at detailing the financial impact of past and future business decisions in a clear and actionable way. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will have many opportunities to creatively and analytically solve problems amidst ambiguity.
What you'll bring to the table:
• At least 3 years of professional experience in finance, accounting, business analytics or comparable consumer analyst position
• Excellent analytical skills, with a proven ability to find the key metrics and decision points applicable to an issue/opportunity utilizing imperfect data sets
• Talent for analyzing and developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify trends and root cause issues
• Expert financial modeling skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-first mindset
• Ability to prioritize workload and understand highest value tasks
- Fully Embraces and Drives Change with the ability to thrive with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc. with a focus on Doing More With Less
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!