Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
- Execute high-quality digital photography for multiple product categories with the main focus being footwear
- Conduct flat apparel styling as necessary
- Complete lighting tests and documenting practices
- Execute and maintain product photography style guides
- Troubleshoot on-set photography challenges
- Partner with appropriate parties to support inventory management
- Name and organize digital files, archive photographic images, and maintain a digital photo database on a local server
- Upload images to various cloud servers
- Utilize internal inventory controls to log and keep track of product throughout the entire production process
- Maintain photography equipment including: cameras, lenses, lights, computers, and other photography components
- Prepare and put away product with a white glove touch before and after imaging
- Experience in a high volume, high production, operations environment
- Skilled in shooting in manual mode and working with various light shaping tools
- Advanced knowledge of photographic production techniques and equipment
- Basic understanding of digital image editing
- General understanding and knowledge of footwear, bags, and apparel
- Ability to operate safely and efficiently on set while hitting production goals
- Comfortable with repetitive work while being on your feet all day
- Ability to easily communicate and collaborate in a team environment
- Possess the ability to work alone for long periods of time
- Ability to consistently meet production goals
- Possess a “whatever it takes” mentality and jump in wherever the work needs to be done
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- The team has worked in various roles in different areas of photography/styling within Zappos for the past 8+ years
- If our entire team stood on each other’s shoulders we would be as tall as a brontosaurus
- Collectively we can harmonize, when needed, to any Hall & Oates tune
- We discovered what actually came first between the chicken or the egg - you find out when you get hired
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!