Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Compile financial information to prepare monthly journal entries for various payment related and other GL accounts
- Effectively identify and communicate any financial issue
- Prepare account reconciliation for assigned balance sheet accounts
- Prepare account analysis for management
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Analyze large quantities of data involving margin analysis across multiple product categories and providing meaningful information to management
- Work with FP&A group to assist in building models for various expenses
- Assist in the continued implementation and development of our ERP
- Review the work of staff accountant to ensure accuracy of financial data
- Work with external parties to ensure proper reconciliation and payment of our accounts receivable balance
- Assist in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle as well as the continued development and documentation of our accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with other tasks as needed
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field
- Passion for GAAP
- Knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
- CPA preferred
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- 2+ years experience in general ledger or public accounting
What you didn't know about the team:
Every year the finance and accounting teams put on a haunted house for the Zappos employees
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!