Business Development, Variable Marketing and Partnerships
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
As we enter our next phase of growth here at Zappos, we are looking for a driven individual who will be in charge of developing solutions and innovative business plans to drive the company forward. If you are a roll up your sleeves individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you.
Who We're Looking For
Are you a “0 to 1 deal-maker” who enjoys bringing impactful strategic initiatives to life from conception to execution? If you have worked with marketing, analytics, buying, and sales, you will enjoy the work we do in this role. From leading and implementing the Zappos business development strategy, which includes creating the direct-to-consumer strategy roadmap, to brainstorming with the business development team to create new projects strategies, there will never be a dull moment.
This role has an emphasis in business development, marketing, sales, analytics, and buying and you will have an opportunity to work with team to ensure our D2C brands are properly taking advantage of advertising opportunities on our Zappos.com website while optimizing the customer experience to improve conversion, increase repeat purchases, and drive customer loyalty for our D2C brands.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Executing sales objectives
- Managing brand accounts
- Developing, pitching and selling marketing solutions to D2C brands
- Negotiating sales contracts
- Building trust and long-term relationships with brands
- Managing records of sales, revenue, and other important data
- Researching the market and industry trends
- Working alongside marketing, buying and creative teams internally to develop or leverage content for brand promotion and to optimize sales and engagement
- Forecasting and managing acquisition and revenue targets
- Leading testing and innovation to optimize marketing effectiveness and ROI
- Optimizing the customer experience to improve conversion, increase repeat purchases, and drive customer loyalty for D2C brands
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll need To Bring
- 3-5 years’ experience at a high growth technology company, or in Investment Banking, Financial, or Consulting, and Services 3-5 years’ experience in Partnerships, Merchandising, or Buying, preferably at an ecommerce organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Marketing, Business or equivalent (preferred).
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer or high growth technology company.
- Previous experience leading or managing solutions from the strategy phase to implementation.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!