Customer Loyalty Team
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering incoming phone calls, live chats, and emails to assist customers with placing new orders, processing returns and exchanges, and whatever else they might need.
- Utilizing your super sleuthing techniques to search the inter-webs for items, even if we happen to not carry something a customer wants or are out of stock - think personal shopper!
- Placing the occasional outgoing call to follow up on customers’ questions.
- Providing above and beyond – WOW! - service, while helping customers with their shopping needs.
- Working from home! – This is a remote working opportunity for now but there might be a chance to work on campus in the future.
- A true passion for customers and delivering the best possible service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ninja like skills on the internet, including the ability to leap to multiple sites with lightning speed.
- Love of online shopping! It’s ok if you aren’t a shopaholic, but you have to be comfortable with the basics.
- Proficient typing and computer navigation skills
- You are self-motivated, self-starting, and self-assured self!
- Multitasker with a high sense of urgency.
- The flexibility of a circus contortionist… well when it comes to your availability to work that is. Our call center is open 24-7!
- A joy of creating fun and a little weirdness (not “restraining order” weirdness).
- We have NO call times…..our longest call on record was over 10 hours long!
- No need to follow a script...just build a personal emotional connection with each customer while delivering WOW customer service.
- Our CLT members do not up-sell; no salespeople here!
- This is a full-time position!
- Shift hours: The earliest shift will start at 4am and the latest shift gets out at midnight, so you’ll need to be flexible to work any hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Shifts can, and will, change based upon the needs of our customers. Tenure and performance will determine your ability to more consistently be assigned schedules more aligned with your schedule preferences. Did we mention we’re looking for schedule flexibility?!
- You must have the following:
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- You’ll need a dedicated, private space where you can comfortably deliver Zappos WOW
- Your first four weeks are a training period. The first four will be Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- The pay for this role starts at $15.00 during the training period and $15.75 after the successful completion of training.
- This job has some benefits and perks including:
- A 40% employee discount!
- Medical, dental & vision insurance after 60 days of employment.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!