Advanced Analytics Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with various stakeholders to understand business drivers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics
- Strength in finding simple ways to map a business problems to preexisting technologies to answer business questions.
- Gather data and perform sophisticated analytical exercises
- Drive business decision-making based on analytical findings
- Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends and create relevant measurement dashboards
- Provide areas of opportunity to the right teams to rapidly produce actionable data driven customer-facing features.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions, are seen as a thought leader on the team
- Be a source of inspiration and a mentor to junior members on the team
- Seen as a subject matter expert at the company when it comes to analytics and an understanding of the structure of the data
What you'll bring to the table:
- BA/BS/MS Degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, finance, business intelligence (BI), or comparable analytics positions handling large, complex data sets
- Ability to rapidly leverage home grown analytics tools and software
- Ability to operationalize learnings and insights by pushing discovered insights back into home grown analytics tools to increase leverage across the organization.
- Proficient in SQL and Excel and able to access and transform data into insights when needed
- Proficient in R, Python or other statistical scripting languages
- Strong grounding in fundamental statistical concepts and theories and experience around employing them for real world use cases.
- MBA or advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Bioinformatics or related disciplines
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations
- Ability to translate complex business problems into mathematical ones
- Ability to understand the various analytical capabilities on the team and distributing and prioritize work accordingly
- Keeping up to date with the latest and the greatest in analytical technologies and driving Zappos to be more data driven
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with marketing, business and technical teams
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to separate out the need from an academically perfect solution to a rapid and sufficient solution for given priorities.
- Leverage existing components and in house tools that minimizes long term support and technical debt.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to challenge conventional schools of thought but at the same time be open to criticism and to be able to learn from failed experiments.
What you didn't know about the team:
This team works really closely with various business stakeholders and has a lot of exposure to impact the business at a very direct level.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers