Senior Software Engineer- Back End
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. We have built most of our systems on open-source technology. We use Java, Spring, Elastic Search, EC2, and more (you can even help us figure out what else!).
As a Zappos Software Engineer, you will be developing a mix of new features for the site as well as investigating cutting-edge technologies to make the site better (either more robust, able to handle more transactions, or simply provide a better customer experience).
Experience and skills needed to do that thing you love at Zappos:
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 5+ years production Java software development experience
- Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with Java frameworks / build systems (Spring, Maven, JUnit, Camel, etc)
- Familiarity with testing related technologies such as EasyMock, Mockito, Selenium.
- Experience with Linux and Mac environment
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5-7+ years Java software development in a production environment
- Made major contributions to the design/architecture of one or more projects
- Have assisted in the interview process for new developers
- Have mentored junior developers
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with web services
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems
If you love building complex systems and want a great, fun, open organization, but the solid management and resources of an established business, we are the place for you.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers