Senior Software Engineer- Full Stack
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos IP, Inc. is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer!
This developer should have a focus on both front and back-end development with professional experience implementing beautifully designed user interfaces. You must be able to work flexibly in other layers of the stack, so Ruby/API/SQL skills are a definite plus.
Being able to design applications from top to bottom, troubleshooting and fixing tough problems, hitting quick deadlines, knowing when to push back on requirements, raising the bar on coding standards, and providing meaningful feedback on code changes will all be very important parts of this role.
What you'll be doing:
Responsibilities range from team "ideation" to hands-on implementation, testing, and debugging of projects at different levels of the stack as needed. Typical projects involve a responsively-designed front end, a Rails-based server application, and possibly some form of asynchronous back-end processing. You must be willing and able (and excited) to accept responsibility for enhancing required skills and completing assigned tasks over the course of changing projects and initiatives. Adapt and thrive!
What you'll bring to the table:
We are ideally looking for "T-shaped developers"—people who have a broad interest and understanding of technology and the web, but also have deep interest in a specialized area. We want someone who fits most (or ALL!) of these bullet points:
- 5-7+ years production software development experience
- A solid knowledge of many (not necessarily all) of these technologies: React, HTML5, CSS3, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and relational databases.
- Strong frontend development skills
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- DevOps experience is a plus (especially with AWS and automated deployments).
- A solid, demonstrable grasp of good web, object-oriented, and asynchronous programming concepts.
- The drive and open-mind to learn and adopt new skills continually.
- Side projects and ideas for side projects you haven't started yet would be great.
- An open-mind and personable disposition. You like to collaborate and can give and take constructive criticism cheerfully.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers