Senior Product Manager - Technical
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos’ Machine Intelligence team powers a variety of AI/ML driven initiative across the Zappos experience. We process large volumes of data to build state of the art personalization strategies, assist in inventory management and build algorithms to solve for specific customer and operational pain-points. As part of the ecosystem, the team builds and maintains a suite of internal tools for automated data ingestion and tools for automated ML model training and deployment.
As the first PMT on this team, you have an exciting opportunity to define and design the the evolution of these internal tools. As more teams at Zappos begin to rely on data and machine learning to power their internal functions, the usability and development of these tools is more critical than aware. You will collaborative with the leads of various ML research and engineering teams to make our products and capabilities easy to adopt and extend, quick to launch and cost efficient to operate.
A successful candidate is a self-starter with an ability to challenge the status quo to keep innovating for our clients. You thrive on solving complex problems, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders including senior leaders. You are a proven innovator, team leader and builder with energy and deep competencies to envision the right experience for customers and build scalable solutions that optimize for customer and business needs.
- Defining the long-term vision, mission, and strategy for Machine Intelligence internal tools
- Defining and executing a high quality roadmap for all the services, features, and products within the organization
- Developing detailed business requirements and user stories that are true to the vision and mission
- Evangelizing the roadmap and user stories that clearly articulates the value of the product and achieves buy in from various stakeholders across Zappos
- Defining success metrics (KPIs) that evaluate the value of our service, features, and products
- Identifying opportunities (internal and external) to drive adoption and to find use cases to help grow the product
- Leading internal and external benchmarks to drive insights and learnings to inform our strategy
- Creating buy in for the vision across the engineering leads across the MI org
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of technical product management experience in the tech industry
- Technical fluency in engineering, machine learning and using data to solve business problems.
- Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with enterprise software and SAAS software both internal and external to a tech company
- Track record of solving complex challenges and completing medium to large-scale projects from initiation to delivery
- Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working on a Machine Learning or Data Infrastructure team
- Working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics
- Experience using Python, R, Julia, or Matlab or other statistical software
- MBA or MS in Data Science
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers