Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
If you are someone that likes to perform analysis, deliver actionable solutions, and see the impact of your work, you should consider this position.
The Zappos Ecommerce Operations Team is looking for an experienced Portfolio Analyst (Merchandise Planning) that is highly analytical, has a business-building mindset, and enjoys a challenge. This position will be responsible for partnering with Merchandising and Inventory Management Teams on developing strategic business plans for impactful assortments as well as tactical execution.
What you will be doing:
- Developing business plans that include inventory assortment plans that support the business unit targets for sales, inventory health, and profitability supported by customer information and industry trends
- Providing rich insights to Merchandising and Inventory Management partners on inventory health (brand, category, SKU) and allocation by leveraging data resources and turning it into actionable insights
- Evaluating brands and categories for opportunity and risk, and partnering with merchants on next actions
- Analyzing product lifecycle and extracting insights on pricing and channel behavior to inform future open-to-buy decisions and inventory management tactics
- Managing forecasts for sales, profitability, inventory, open-to-buy, and assortments in partnership with the merchandising leads
- Interacting collaboratively with Marketing, Engineering and Pricing teams to improve metrics that drive profitability and customer performance
- Leading beyond category to help define and drive projects to improve merchandising systems/processes, drive automation, resolve defects, and improve overall merchandising efficiency
- Effectively delivering ad-hoc analysis to flesh out opportunities and risks, inform decision making, and train merchants in order to scale learning
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Planning, Merchandising, Business or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Merchandising, Finance, Planning, and/or other related field
- Experience utilizing large data sets, multiple variables, and business intelligence tools to inform decisions
- Strong Analytical skills combined with passion to take insights beyond traditional retail math
- Capable of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Passion for leveraging insights into customer behavior into actions that drives sales and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage business/financial model for product analysis and problem solving
- Approaches work with a curiosity and critical thinking mindset to identify opportunities and risks before being asked
- Track Record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Success at collaborating with and influencing others
- Passion for retail, data, and continuous improvement
What you didn't know about the team:
We are ecstatic to have the opportunity to utilize our financial and analytical skills, combine them with our passion for fashion, and infuse rich insights into customer behavior in order to be an integral part of reshaping the fashion and retail industries with our buying team.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!