Senior Manager Supply Chain Analytics
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide leadership to the analytics team including training, coaching, and performance management.
- Managing team workload, set priorities and goals, and provide daily support.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to understand business drivers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics.
- Driving business decision making based on analytical findings.
- Employing data mining and other analytical techniques to capture important trends and create relevant measurement dashboards.
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly business reporting.
- Participating in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of professional experience in data science, business analytics, finance, business intelligence (BI) or comparable consumer analyst position handling large, complex data sets.
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- 2+ years of experience with project management (ie. planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Previous experience leading a team
- Must be well-versed in SQL and BI reporting tools, preferably Tableau
- Expert in Excel to access and transform data into insights including excel modeling
- Experience with inventory and supply chain management in e-commerce environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data, and extract insights that lead to tangible results with the ability to coach and develop that talent in others.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!