Senior Site Merchandiser
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Site Merchandiser for Zappos.com helps drive the planning and execution of zappos.com direct to site marketing content. This role is responsible for online merchandising to drive sales, click through rate and conversion. This position is accountable for the planning, strategy and execution of creative on the site and works with the design, buying, planning, marketing, copywriting, photography, taxonomy and UX teams to create and execute the merchandising plan.
What you'll be doing;
- Coordinating and executing the site content calendar, recapping and analyzing site performance, and event ideation.
- Identify and drive improvements to the direct to site marketing experience, including content and call to action optimization, curation and seasonal updates, promotional content ownership and event coordination.
- Work with Visual Design and UX to identify and act on opportunities to improve customer experience and performance of the zappos.com website.
- Maintain an acute awareness of the business context, including customer intent, competitive pressures, and internal variables.
- Leverage web analytics to understand performance of and customer interaction with site content, such as categories, featured placements (including promotions) and general online shopping experiences to identify business opportunities and risks.
- Collaborate with and inform the Merchandising and Marketing Teams to ensure assortments, promotional activity and customer communications lead to desired business results.
- Structure and analyze regular reporting on site performance and communicate to partners in Marketing and Merchandising.
- Collaborate with Marketing to support strategies for all online marketing channels to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for working with the creative team to represent product, brand and intention
- Ensure that all merchandising, marketing and promotional deadlines are met and that set KPIs are met.
What you'll bring to the table;
- 3+ years of site merchandising experience
- Ability to work with visual design, buying, content, copywriting, taxonomy, marketing, photography and planning teams.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong eye for product curation informed by trends and seasonal storytelling
- Experience with web technology platforms/working with a content management system to update pages
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to la high level of ownership and accountability
- Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Experience interpreting web analytics and optimizing merchandising plans to drive KPI’s
- Possesses critical thinking skills, supported by an understanding of web analytics and its applications
- Skilled in researching, reviewing and communicating results in non-technical terms to a variety of audiences
- Strong understanding and passion for ecommerce marketing, retail and fashion trends, and visual merchandising
- General product knowledge of retail brands, footwear and apparel a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!