Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Are you a great storyteller with a wild side for quantitative analytics? Do you love spotting trends, building strategic frameworks that create a direct and positive contribution to your company? If yes, we can’t wait to talk to you! We are looking for an exceptional Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence who lives and breathes the Zappos Core Values and inspires them in others. This will role will work cross-functionally with various business partners and strategic groups to develop analysis and insights that drive growth in sales, profitability and share of wallet. This individual will be required to form strong relationships across Finance, Merchandising, Pricing, and Amazon, offering well regarded advice and leadership.
- Translate data from multiple sources into simplified stories and actionable insights to drive business decisions and anticipate/respond to cross functional business needs
- Identify and perform "Deep dive" analysis/data mining on special business topics for and with all major functional areas (eg: Marketing ROI and optimization, serve and fulfillment process/productivity improvements, demand forecasting, buying and pricing optimization, customer segmentation, etc.)
- Constant monitoring on visitor and conversion trends, identifying issues, opportunities and assisting in executing related action plans
- Provide regular industry and competitive landscape benchmarking on business operations and brand level information to leadership
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced financial models that provide a platform for decision making on a variety of business issues
- Liaise with functional area teams (eg: Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Fulfillment, Customer Service, etc) on cross-functional initiatives
- Create ad hoc analyses and recommendations
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Master’s degree in Business/Marketing/Economics etc desirable; Business background or degree a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Advanced experience with business intelligence tools and data extraction, migration, cleansing, mining etc. Python, R, PowerPoint & SAP skills a plus.
- Possess a solid understanding of retail and e-commerce businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, and develop high-performing teams in a flexible environment.
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Has strong business acumen, analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
- Be results and team oriented and foster that culture with other.
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc.
- Build/foster good working relationships with internal customers.
- Is a self-directed, self-starter, who is proactive, and can appropriately reorganize priorities calmly, positively, and confidently, with ninja-like skills, in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!