Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Safety Specialist will serve as a safety representative responsible for responding to reported safety issues and forwarding communication to management.
Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring the adherence of the company’s safety and health policies.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with executing health and safety plans in the workplace in accordance with OSHA and legal regulations
- Assist with collecting data and creating reports and communicate results to Management
- Maintaining safety records, including safety training documentation
- Responding to reported safety issues and forwarding to management
- Respond to medical and safety emergencies
- Experience with OSHA and KY OSHA regulations
- Experienced with emergency response and be able to maintain current First aid and CPR certificates
- 0-2 years’ experience in a safety role
- High school Diploma, Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- OSHA 10 and 30 training preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!