Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Digital Customer Experience team at Zappos enables customers to quickly and efficiently discover products and
make purchasing decisions on the home, landing, search, and product detail page experiences. We’re a diverse group
of engineers, UX designers, and product/project managers creating, testing, and iterating on next-generation shopping
experiences to build an easy-to-use, performant, and reliable shopping platform for our customers.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for a self-motivated software engineer capable of building, deploying, and maintaining front and backend applications that serve millions of requests per day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Evolving and building services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency.
- Maintaining the server and application layer codebase that is the backbone of our web properties.
- Developing interactive, accessible, performant, and secure UIs for Zappos.com and/or other web properties within the Zappos Family, using HTML, CSS, JS, and other web technologies.
- Collaborating with diverse teams to plan, prototype, build, and maintain new features.
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering industry experience.
- Knowledgeable with modern programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience with AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Experience with version control (e.g Git).
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or combined equivalent of education and/or
- Experience with React, Redux, JSX, SASS (or other CSS preprocessors).
- Knowledgeable with other languages like Node.js, Python, Elixir, or Ruby.
- Experience building responsive, cross-browser UIs conforming to web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG).
- Knowledgeable about SEO.
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools.
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers