Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
At Zappos, we are known for our unique culture, as defined by our 10 core values and by our commitment to provide really great customer service.
We want to “WOW!” not only our customers, but our candidates, business partners, vendors, and especially each other.
A Technical Recruiter at Zappos is critical in identifying and hiring people who genuinely reflect the above philosophy AND the necessary technical skills to get the job done.
But the responsibilities don’t end after a candidate is hired! Technical Recruiters also work hard to protect and enhance the company culture for all employees. It's not uncommon for the recruiting team to create fun, company-wide events and programs. And like everyone at Zappos, we work to perform even the most standard job functions in a way that’s consistent with and illustrates our core values.
Basically, this isn’t your typical company, and it sure as heck isn’t your typical recruiting team!
Sound intriguing? Read on!
What you'll be doing:
- Full cycle recruitment – Proactively source, screen, schedule, test, interview, and place qualified candidates. This includes posting jobs, pre-screening resumes, interviewing candidates both on the phone and in person, coordinating testing and partnering with hiring managers throughout the selection process - Phew!
- Partner with Tech leadership to devise and execute on targeted search strategy
- Source and recruit technical candidates through direct recruiting efforts—especially with specialized and skilled job positions
- Display highly organized and effective time management skills and use of our online applicant tracking system. (We use Jobvite.)
- Present shortlisted candidates and provide detailed profile summaries
- Creatively attract top talent in a timely and cost-effective manner using multiple sources to advertise and recruit
- Conduct intake meetings with hiring managers to identify/clarify hiring specifications and competencies, document and confirm principal requirements to ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions, and develop action plans to maximize candidate sourcing
- Compose, monitor, and maintain job postings on various job boards
- Create, generate, and make job offers
- Assist with on-boarding process
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure a smooth recruiting process
- Coordinate and communicate onsite interviews with non-local candidates, including scheduling of interview day with all interviewees, candidate shuttles, air travel, rental car, lodging, etc.
- Conduct candidate office tours as needed
- Conduct candidate testing, reference checks, and background checks
- Develop networking and referral base with community organizations, agencies, and schools to enhance our image in the community, provide information about employment opportunities with Zappos, and to attract qualified candidates
- Present to various groups in person and via phone/e-mail/Skype regarding Zappos as a potential employer and detailing the hiring processes and philosophies
- Coordinate and manage job fairs, recruiting fairs, and other events
- Monitor effectiveness of recruitment efforts, conduct turnover analysis, and provide detailed reports to track progress and analyze trends
- Be a driven individual contributor AND contribute to the success of the recruiting team as a whole
- Participate and present in a very interactive and creative new hire orientation and graduation events
- Other projects/duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrated experience recruiting passive candidates utilizing advanced sourcing methods beyond LinkedIn
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 years full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a corporate environment
- Minimum 7 years experience and focus in the recruitment of: Software Development, Front-end Engineering, Full stack Engineering, Systems Administrations, IT, Information Security, User Experience, Application Support, Build and Release, Project and Product Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Mobile development, Back Office Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics
- Experience working with eCommerce or technology focused companies
- Passion to provide exceptional customer service to everyone
- Clear desire to make work fun and enjoyable
- Strong knowledge of basic employment law and HR practices
- Experienced in social recruiting, behavioral-based interviewing, pre-employment testing, and other innovative selection methods
- Experienced with creating and delivering presentations
- Able to assess staffing needs and develop creative and effective recruiting strategies to meet those needs
- Insightful – ability to assess intangible aspects of candidates accurately (candidate’s fit with the job and with the company culture); intuitive and able to read people well
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with all levels
- Outgoing and very creative
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize efficiently, and multitask
- Proficient on ATS system (Jobvite a plus) and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet savvy
- Organized, self-directed, and take initiative with a strong sense of urgency
- A team player who will jump in and help with any and all recruiting needs including non-technical hiring from time to time
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Able to plan ahead and identify potential future problems
- Must have solid interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
** This opportunity is located in Las Vegas, NV
** Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
(Note - this role will pay salary only, no commission)
We love wine! We're totally wine aficionados! Well, except for one person. And that's OK! Dang it. ;)
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!