Senior Product Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
Interested in working on the cutting edge of big data and analytics? The Back Office Systems team is looking for an experienced product manager that is motivated to solve problems and leverage new technologies to power business success. You will be responsible for driving a variety of Zappos initiatives to new heights in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, which encourages you to wear many hats.
As a Senior Product Manager at Zappos, you will work closely with our engineering, merchandising, marketing, finance, customer service teams (and more) to lead the development and deployment of technical solutions that help the business more effectively and efficiently engage customers and increase sales volume.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience delivering end-to-end product requirements for internal facing products working across different roles and stakeholders.
- Data driven with strong analytical and quantitative skills to identify and present opportunities and measure success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- Ability to identify opportunities for leveraging technology for competitive advantage.
- Ruthless prioritization skills. Experience and ability to identify great vs. good ideas to make tough decisions that drive our products forward.
- Thrives under pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring a small team (1-3 resources) of talented product managers how to work towards delivering technical projects taking a collaborative, results oriented approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, business, or marketing related field.
- 7+ years of experience, preferred.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers