Physical Security Supervisor
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Physical Security Supervisor will be responsible for managing the team of physical security contractors at Zappos’ Kentucky retail and warehouse locations. This position will ensure all security team members are representing the Zappos brand and ensuring the safety and security of guests, team members and vendors.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as a first responder during emergency situations, medical incidents, disturbances or requests for assistance
- Assist in developing and enforcing safety-related policies and procedures
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, and training security personnel
- Follow company standards for Customer Service
- Gather pertinent information regarding security related incidents involving guests, employees and/or the facility and respond appropriately
- Manage and oversee day to day functions of all security-related tasks and responsibilities
- Monitoring Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and alarm panels for emergencies and potential issues
- Prepare and present voluntary statements and incident reports
- Provide coaching and feedback on issues involving Security employees and escalating if need be
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in law enforcement, military, and/or related field
- Previous experience in a physical retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!