Sr. Manager of Marketing
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.
Who We're Looking For
The Sr. Manager of Marketing, Zappos Energy will be responsible for coordinating Marketing efforts to support the Zappos Energy business: Brick and Mortar, Digital/Ecommerce, and The Zappos Energy Brand/Collaborations, with a strong understanding of the global sneaker and streetwear consumer.
This position will partner closely with the Director of Brand Development & Operations on key strategies and plans to support the brand’s growth initiatives and priorities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Briefing all creative development needed to support Marketing initiatives to include: In-store Support, Digital marketing, Copy/Advertising, and launch plans
- Communicate regional needs to key stakeholders
- Connect global business/brand strategy & sales opportunities to Marketing Output – focused and measurable goals aligned throughout the organization:
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Marketing Plans against:
- Overall Brand Experience
- Product Storytelling
- Content – Social and Digital
- Cultivate a clear process for aligning the plan overall and seasonally with all key stakeholders
- Develop internal guidelines and brand assets to enable the organization to execute against the brand’s strategies, priorities, and vision
- Develop and evolve the Zappos Energy marketing strategy and approach to ensure alignment with the Zappos Energy Team
- Develop and maintain vendor marketing relationship management; In-store Co-op spend, etc.
- Develop communications strategy and lead the team in identifying opportunities in communicating to drive brand awareness and consumer attention focused on product launches each season
- Identify opportunities to optimize performance in-store and online
- Leverage consumer Insights to support customer needs and identify opportunities for growth
- Own and drive seasonal planning and communication strategies
- Regularly communicate business plan and any pain points to key stakeholders, senior leadership, and the full organization as needed or required.
What You’ll Need To Bring
- 2-3+ years of experience managing a team of collaborative, high-functioning professionals
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, and/or Communication
- Proven working experience with directing managers of multiple, diverse projects, and/or processes
- Proven working experience with the development and retention of a full Marketing team/department
- Extensive experience with managing a large Marketing budget and accounting for spend appropriately
- Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!