Senior Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Manage the accounts payable function end-to-end, driving success across all departments and gaining a strong understanding of the company. You will partner with finance and business stakeholders to develop and implement processes. This position will have a key role in the Finance team and in addition to day-to-day responsibilities will be involved in design and testing of internal controls, month end close responsibilities and other ERP improvement initiatives.
This role will drive operational excellence across Accounts Payable activities. This person will assess the accounts payable processes, identify improvement needs and strengthened compliance. This person will also oversee the management of accounts payable transactional processes.
What You'll be doing;
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the invoice to payment processing, oversight of the month-end close process and master supplier data management process
- Ensures achievement of KPIs including accuracy, completeness and timeliness of daily invoice and payment processing activities across internal resources
- Ensures and develops team to provide excellent customer service
- Oversees that aging invoices and payments are identified, reconciled, and resolved in a timely manner
- Strengthen controls and compliance surrounding the Accounts Payable processes via improved internal control and reconciliation processes as well as detailed account balance reviews
- Manage compliance and reporting, including 1099 filings
- Assist with documenting procedures
- Conducts quality control audits and evaluates work standards to ensure standards and conformity
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to verify accuracy and ensure compliance with company policies and financial practices
- Provides regular reporting and status of operational health to management
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new accounts payable processes and policies
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Manages, monitors and escalates any issues outside of SLA or not serviced in a timely manner
- Responsible for overall policies, procedures, and controls related to accounts payable
- Proactively provide insights that drive key decisions or help accelerate projects or work through projects
- Develop and enhance methodologies and procedures for process management in line with best practice in the spirit of continuous improvement
Leadership and Strategy
- Develop and own the global accounts payable strategy, roadmap and operational plan
- Review current data to develop KPIs and metrics that are relevant and will help monitor change and progress and drive resource planning and utilization
- Participate in current process improvement initiatives taking ownership of accountable workstream(s) and deliverables
- Proactively make recommendations and lead execution of process simplification, cycle time reduction and other SLA improvements and transaction cost reduction
- Identify root causes and provide insights to process and vendor owners to prevent invoicing & payment errors
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and management of team
- Drives talent performance management and development planning and execution
What you'll bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus 10 years of Accounts Payable experience required; 5+ years at a manager level required
- Deep expert knowledge of all aspects of payables procedures and full cycle accounting practices
- Understands key controls as it relates to Sox
- Has process improvement and development of best practices experience
- Experience with vendor data maintenance
- Experience with on-going training and communication programs
- Significant experience processing in a high transaction volume environment
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and planning skills
- Possess a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Organized, detail oriented, possess a sense of urgency and have the ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to drive results in cross functional projects
- Must be able to multi-task, learn quickly and adapt to change easily
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train, lead and direct the work of others
- Experience with internal controls and compliance
- Transactional level SAP experience
- Expert knowledge MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to elevate conversation with senior leadership
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational, execution and project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong ability to act independently and contribute in a team environment with sound business judgment
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!