Marketing Director Branded Partnerships
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Looking for an experienced branded partnerships marketing director to help shape our marketing and content strategy for top strategic brands. Reporting into the Sr. Creative Strategist, this role will work closely with our creative, marketing, and merchandising teams, cross-channel partners, and top brands to help us extend Zappos’ current brand promise—that we are the company for everybody and everybody—into the contemporary, inbound marketing sphere of emotion-oriented, content-led shopping.
Work remotely due to COVID-19; LA-based location is not required
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping drive multi-platform strategy for omni-channel branded campaigns, synthesizing marketing, merchandising, and creative inputs
- Leading pitch and recap meetings with all top brand partners
- Helping partner on marking strategy with creative teams on a cross-channel content calendar, story franchises, and data-driven learning roadmap across organic and paid channels.
- Guide the day to day activities of the branded partnerships team; managing all account managers, fostering growth opportunities and increasing marketing skill sets
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our marketing offerings
- Partner closely with Creative Studio, Variable Marketing, and Strategic Merchandising teams to ensure delivery on shared goals
- Deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each brand to internal and external stakeholders
- Refine current branded partnerships processes, maximizing efficiency and ensuring a streamlined workflow and fluid communications with all stakeholders
- Continuously analyze current ROI and revenue growth opportunities for the branded partnerships team
- Analyses and reports on status of KPIs and success of branded marketing campaigns and strategy
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends to ensure Zappos brand relevancy
- Oversee the internal company calendar to ensure all inputs are represented, including customer mindset, priority inventory, macro-trends, and existing performance metrics for success
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strategic thinking with experience in dreaming big, pushing boundaries, and always bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Experience driving holistic campaigns across the strata of brand-marketing levers: digital experiences, social-media pushes (organic, paid, and influencer), content & brand partnerships, IRL activations, special collaborations.
- Excellent conceptual, visual, verbal, organizational, and messaging skills.
- Experience effectively pitching concepts you’ve conceptualized to high-level internal teams and partners.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in a management capacity in the fashion/e-comm/publishing/media industries (required)
- 10+ years’ experience in branded influencer and social media marketing (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Marketing, Business or equivalent (preferred)
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!