Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Editing and retouch images
- Auditing product images
- Flagging deviations from imaging standards and style guides, as well as inconsistencies
- Resolving queries related to digital assets, research and resolve customer-facing image coverage and quality issues
- Processing imagery in house
- Naming and organizing digital files, archive photographic images, and maintain digital photo database on a local server
- Uploading images to various cloud servers
- Acting a primary subject matter expert on digital imaging software and analytical tools
- Assisting in the development of digital imaging training and standard operating procedures
- Coordinating with external business partners
- Preparing and putting away product with a white glove touch before and after imaging
What you’ll bring to the table:
- General understanding and knowledge of footwear, bags, and apparel
- Experience in a high volume, high production, operations environment
- Advanced experience in Adobe photo editing software products
- Experience in digital asset and file management
- Ability to assist with photography shoots as needed
- Ability to easily communicate and collaborate in a team environment
- Possess the ability to work alone for long periods of time
- Ability to consistently meet production goals
- Possess a “whatever it takes” mentality and jump in wherever the work needs to be done
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
What you didn't know about the team:
- The team all just recently relocated from Las Vegas.
- The team has worked in various roles in different areas of photography/styling within Zappos for the past 8+ years
- If our entire team stood on each other’s shoulders we would be as tall as a brontosaurus
- Collectively we can harmonize, when needed, to any Hall & Oates tune.
- We discovered what actually came first between the chicken or the egg, you find out when you get hired.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!