Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos E-Commerce is seeking an Analyst to help drive and evaluate initiatives across all of our sales channels and marketplaces. We enjoy crafting hypotheses, validating and challenging assumptions, and sifting through vast datasets to find hidden narratives lurking beneath the surface.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, and analytical techniques and skillsets
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Work with various stakeholders to develop and define key business goals, drivers, and questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Strength in finding simple ways to map business problems to preexisting technologies to answer business questions
- Generate actionable insights and drive business decision-making based on analytical findings
- Proactively provide areas of opportunity to the right teams to strengthen and grow our core E-Commerce business
- Seen as a subject matter expert at the company when it comes to analytics and an understanding of the structure of the data
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, as well as advanced Excel
- Experience with dashboarding on Excel/QuickSight/Tableau
- 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- Experience with Amazon Redshift databases
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, imperfect data, and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a variety of BI tools, including custom in-house software
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and data presentation) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience with statistical analysis on R/Python or a similar language
What you didn't know about the team:
This team works really closely with various business stakeholders and has a lot of exposure to impact the business at a very direct level. We are passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers