Sr. HR Business Partner
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Human Resources Team is responsible for acting as a strategic HR partner for the organization’s leadership on employee relations matters. You will champion a diverse workforce throughout the employee life cycle. You will foster a culture of continuous improvement through performance management
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys providing advice on HR matters to employees and leaders, advising on the employee terminations and transition processes for the organizations leaders, this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Overseeing the employee termination and transition processes
- Coordinating with the organization’s Legal division on necessary employee relations matters
- Conducting any necessary analyses on division or team to develop solutions, programs, and policies to help solve operational or morale issues
- Reporting employee relations trends to Human Resources leadership
- Assisting in the identification of talent challenges and developing solutions to address them
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as plans business unit restructuring
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Conduct weekly meetings to check in with each business unit
- Analyze data trend and metrics to inform business decisions
- Interpret human resources policy to company management
- Aiding in mentoring, training, and establishing developmental goals for Employee Relations team members
- Conducting investigations
What You’ll need To Bring
- A minimum of 5 years of employee relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and proven success in planning, leading, and implementing human resources initiatives and projects
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity, can shift gears without angst, and decide and act without having to have the total picture
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of leadership
- Able to thrive and contribute in Zappos’ unique culture, informed by our core values and governed by our holacratic structure
- A leader by example for collaboration; will be the standard bearer for working effectively and peacefully across functional groups, including HR
- Highly discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Sense of humor required
What Really Excites Us
- Previous experience as an HRBP working with Technical Teams
- Exposure to employee benefits, recruiting, training, and employee engagement preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!