Business Intelligence Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos BI Engineering evolves a robust analysis environment that brings together data from across the organization, spanning website/app interaction, merchandising, pricing, marketing and finance. These data are made available to end users through an internally developed BI platform and provided to the broader analytics and engineering community through a variety of data integration patterns.
We are looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to contribute to this environment, elevate our analytic discipline and enable fact-based decision making.
As a Zappos Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be helping others help themselves wade through troves of data, in search for opportunities to wow our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing technical, data-oriented solutions for stakeholders throughout the organization, leveraging internal BI/ERP/ETL platforms and a variety of AWS services
- Digging into feature requests to understand the underlying business decisions and processes and designing solutions that satisfy the immediate need and align with long-term organizational goals
- Unlocking enterprise data for analysts, engineers and decision-makers across the company
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of relevant BI solution development experience
- Passion for solving business problems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- A solid understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- Experience developing and supporting data pipelines – SQL, Spark, Alteryx, Informatica
- Familiarity with an analytics visualization tool – Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI
- Exposure to AWS services – S3, SQS, ECS, Glue, RDS
- Understanding of software development patterns and practices, including source control management, code reviews, deployment pipelines and operational support
- Familiarity with a scripting language – Python, R, Perl, Shell
What you didn’t know about the team: We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers