Project Manager II
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Marketing Project Manager II
The Variable Marketing team is looking to hire a Marketing Project Manager II to manage large-scale online marketing campaigns and initiatives as well as technical marketing projects. As such, our ideal candidate has experience with both online marketing campaigns and technical project management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive planning and execution for technical projects, seasonal campaigns, and ad hoc marketing initiatives.
- Define scope, determine resources, create timelines, and develop/implement plans to ensure marketing projects are successfully completed.
- Coordinate with technical teams to provide technical project management for online marketing platforms, infrastructure, and utilities.
- Determine objectives and KPIs upon which projects will be evaluated at completion.
- Monitor progress of project, review quality of work, and ensure that deliverables are on-time and within budget.
- Develop and disseminate documentation of project activities and implications.
- Communicate across internal teams and third party vendors to ensure successful project execution.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working in project management or related field.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies, preferred.
- Experience with online marketing, preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
What you didn’t know about the team:
- The Variable Marketing team is a dog-friendly environment that often hosts several Flat Coated Retrievers, a Pomeranian, a Goldie, and a friendly rescue mutt.
- There is a friendly, hungry ghost that sometimes haunts the Variable Marketing floor on the first Tuesday of every month, wearing a taco costume to summon folks to the campus bistro. Rumor is that when the moon and the stars are just right, you can see him performing under the Fremont Street Experience in exchange for tacos.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!