Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.
Who We're Looking For
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for overseeing financial reporting to various stakeholders, financial analysis, and execution of financial planning processes and related systems.
You will work with a variety of groups at Zappos including HR, Infrastructure and Finance to assist them with their planning and internal reporting needs as well as plan consolidation for submission to Amazon.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversees monthly, annual financial planning, and quarterly reforecast
- Overseeing monthly P&L review of actuals vs plan
- Performing in-depth financial analysis for trends in revenue, costs, and profitability
- Conducting financial cost/benefit analyses for growth prioritization and evaluation
- Providing financial modeling, analysis, and decision support for key initiatives/decisions
- Developing operational and financial benchmarks
- Coordinating with senior leadership to define department-level and organization-wide KPIs
- Aiding in the development of standardized financial planning processes
- Driving the implementation of financial planning process improvements
- Serve as Business Partner to internal Circles and management of budget, forecast, resource allocation, and internal invoicing
- Build and develop company financial planning systems and processes
- Drive and/or support other projects as needed by management or as business needs change
- Interact and collaborate effectively with company executives and senior members to collect, build, and model financials
- Understand strategic business priorities and able to recognize the relationship between workplace results and what caused them
What You’ll need To Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical work experience in FP&A finance
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience
- Strong understanding of financial reporting
- Advanced knowledge in Excel; SAP, SAP BPC Reporting, COGNOS/TM1
- Deep understanding of processes and systems
- Strong project management skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker that is comfortable taking risks
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and trend analysis skills required
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills required
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong finance and analytical background
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting procedures
- Passion for communicating and building relationships with business partners
- A high-comfort level with changes within the company
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!