Junior Financial Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Do you love to solve business problems using analytics and data? Are you passionate about challenging the status quo and providing insights to business leaders? Do you like working in a fast paced start-up environment? Zappos! Louisville is looking for an ambitious Junior Financial Analyst to help with Capital and OPEX budgeting, forecasting and adhoc analyses for its growing footprint in the Louisville area. This role will help solve the business’s toughest problems, have high visibility to senior leadership, as well as have a lot of opportunity for future growth.
What you will be doing:
- Use financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Zappos
- Assist with monthly financial close review process in partnership with corporate accounting and finance teams
- Build strong partnerships with all leaders in the Zappos FCs, Photo Studios, and Retail locations
- Become a subject matter expert in your assigned functional areas and partner with business leaders to set and achieve financial targets
- Identify and solve problems proactively by building mechanisms that address root cause
- Improve finance processes and tools
- Perform in-depth analyses using financial models to highlight opportunities, as well as business risks
- Help build customized reporting in Workday, ADP, SAP and various other internal systems
- Assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with other tasks to ensure the FP&A team meets their deliverables
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW customers, co-workers, business partners, and external contacts
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting with a strong academic record
- Some analytical work experience or finance work experience preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!