Sr. Manager Social Media Strategy
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
Zappos’ L.A.-based in-house creative studio is looking for an experienced Senior Manager Social Media Strategy to help shape our organic and paid social strategy and build new capabilities to bring more energy and effectiveness to our brand marketing. Reporting into the Senior Director of Creative Strategy, this role will work closely with our design, editorial, and insights teams, along with cross-channel partners and top brands to help us extend Zappos’ current brand promise—that we are the company for everybody and everybody—into the contemporary, inbound marketing sphere of emotion-oriented, content-led shopping.
Who We’re Looking For
If you are someone with the ability to be “in the day-to-day” but also be able to think “big picture” on overall strategy, and possess a robust knowledge of the social & influencer landscape, then this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee organic social media marketing/creative strategy across all core social platforms for primary @Zappos handle, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Youtube. Act as social lead for the company, providing oversight and strategic direction for vertical social channels
- Develop a presence/strategy on TikTok and surface strategy and opportunities to leadership
- Collect, prioritize & execute on requests from internal & external stakeholders. A large part of this role will be finding creative & engaging ways to tell product stories with our top strategic brand partners. Must be able to come up with unique social marketing ideas and present back to clients’ senior leadership teams
- Brainstorm ideas to amplify larger marketing campaigns that make sense for the social landscape, and lead social-first activations outside of brand marketing campaigns to foster community engagement and reinforce the Zappos brand-ethos
- Act as the owner of our visual identity and brand voice on social, regularly iterating on our social style guide & staying abreast to culture, social trends and reacting/making timely decisions based on what’s happening in the world (creative eye required, design skills not necessary)
- Liaise with paid social team to brief and prep regular paid media campaigns on FB/IG, collect learnings and adapt strategy
- Oversee social influencer campaigns—sourcing talent recommendations, writing briefs, pulling inspiration imagery. Additionally, partner with paid media team on influencer programs outside of organic social
- Consistently seek out/build relationships with a network of social content creators for brand & product marketing partnerships
- Collaborate with insights team to analyze content performance and iterate on content strategy to meet team & campaign goals
- Responsible for mapping out social calendar, leading monthly social planning meeting and ensuring all requests are accounted for. May need to handle actual publishing for priority platforms.
What You’ll Need To Bring:
- 7+ years social media experience
- College degree or equivalent.
- Experience successfully managing a small but high-functioning team
- Clear, direct and collaborative communication style, with ability to meet tight deadlines across multiple priority projects
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written--this role works across many areas of the company and requires delivering presentations to external partners
What Really Excites Us:
- Strong eye for spotting talent and innate curiosity and excitement for staying up to date on the latest trends, budding accounts, and relevant moments in pop culture
- Fashion or editorial experience and a solid creative eye, particularly for the social space
- A proven track record of being a successful leader
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!