Senior SAP Software Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The SAP Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of various technical objects in our Suite of HANA landscape. The role will be expected to perform hands-on work on complex ABAP, Fiori, BW and PI development objects.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, development & support of the following in a suite on HANA environment
- Classical/ALV/Interactive Reports, Smart Forms/ADOBE forms, SAPScripts, dialog Programs and BDC programs
- ABAP Interfaces and classes
- OData Services using SAP NetWeaver Gateway and ABAP CDS
- Large scale custom Web-Dynpro and SAP Fiori applications
- SOAP and/or REST web services
- Interfaces using ALE/IDoc's, Flat Files, RFC's, BAPI’s, Proxies etc
- User exits, BADIs & implicit/explicit enhancements
- Workflows definitions, tasks, event linkages
- Analyze business requirements and recommend technical design that incorporates the latest features of suite on HANA
- Analyze, design and development of BW objects that includes data models, extractors, transformations, multi-providers, DSO, cubes and process chains etc
- Participate in peer code reviews and perform code analysis, performance tuning & tracing
- Plan and conduct application unit, integration and regression testing
- Develop PoC’s to demonstrate the benefits of new SAP features, frameworks and identify their potential usage in existing IT applications
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 8+ years of hands on experience across multiple SAP technologies, including but not limited to: SAP S/4 HANA, Fiori, Gateway Services and ABAP OO
- 2+ years of SAP BW developer experience
- 5+ years of full SAP SDLC experience
- Extensive knowledge of the SAP FI configuration and customization
Preferred Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- 2+ years of experience in SAP PI/PO
- 2+ years of experience in the new Open SQL for ABAP
- 2+ years of experience in the ABAP Programming model for SAP Fiori
- Demonstrated ability to use agile methodologies
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, or other related scientific or technical discipline
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers