Technical Project Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.
Who We're Looking For
The Technical Project Manager will lead cross functional teams from design through to delivery, managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. You have experience with technical operations, be able to direct and hold people accountable without direct authority, while being experienced with IT tech support processes.
Additionally, cross-team coordination and project management skills are essential to being successful in this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Capture, document and present requirements without any assistance
- Champion product decisions, prioritize projects, and allocate resources
- Collaboratively define and progress product strategy within the company
- Engage with internal or external customers for requirements
- Identify new opportunities based on research, UX Studies and reviews of best industry practices
- Lead cross-functional teams, including engineering and data science from thoughtful ideation to frequent deployment via tools of the trade: usability studies, acceptance testing / validation
- Prioritize and productize identified needs into solutions and tools integral to our operations, and technical infrastructure to enable scale and innovation
What You’ll need To Bring
- 4+ years’ experience as product manager for data, infrastructure, and/or technical product
- Experience working with engineering teams on daily basis
- Experience with agile methodologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or Science
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers