Merchandising Strategy Senior Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
We're looking for an exceptional Merchandising Strategy Senior Analyst who lives and breathes the Zappos Core Values and inspires them in others. This Senior Analyst will play an important role in helping develop new frameworks, identifying growth opportunities for the business, developing a strategic plan and roadmap, and managing execution of the strategic plan and strategic initiatives while partnering with cross-functional teams across Merchandising and the rest of the organization.
- Collaborating on development of new frameworks and processes to help drive growth through increased share in categories and brands, customer-centric assortments, achieving profitability targets, and improving return on inventory investment
- Collaborating with Merchandising partners to develop measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and targets to realize growth opportunity
- Project managing development, execution, and reporting of strategies, all while holding team’s and partners accountable, and ensuring progress and KPI’s are on track
- Executing sophisticated quantitative analyses that provide a framework for decision making on a variety of business issues
- Working cross-functionally within Merchandising, Tech, Marketing, Finance, Competitive Market Analytics, and Customer Research to develop and execute on new frameworks, processes, and opportunities for growth
- Supporting different projects within Merchandise Strategy related to Strategic Priorities, New Business Development, Strategic Initiatives, and Creative Strategy
- Playing a critical role in developing content and analysis for the Merchandising Strategy Offsite, which is used to define annual priorities, seasonal focuses, and the department’s 3-Year Plan
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree is encouraged
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Retail, Tech, or related field in a Strategy, Merchandising, Planning, Finance or Analytical role preferred
- Customer-centric mindset required
- Personal leadership mindset with a high level of accountability, you take ownership and are a problem solver
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical skills to process large quantities of data in an error-free manner
- Strong presentation skills with ability to feel comfortable delivering presentations to audiences at various levels
- Strategic mindset and highly analytical thinker with sound business judgement
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, highly organized
- High level of accountability, you take ownership and are a problem solver
- Self-driven, comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously and thriving in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Results driven team player that can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization
- You have a strong interest and passion for retail and eCommerce industry
- You are curious and stay on top of latest trends and news that may have an impact on our business
What you didn't know about the team:
As a member of the Merchandise Strategy team you will have the opportunity to join an exciting, new team that is tackling challenging business problems and building strategies that will impact our business over the next 3-5 years. We are a small, but mighty team!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!