Assistant Store Manager - Mall St. Matthews - Zappos Unboxed!
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Work where you love to shop! Looking for Assistant Managers to join our team at our NEW retail location at Mall St. Matthews - Zappos Unboxed!
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership, motivation and direction to all employees to perform their best and provide WOW customer service
- Managing and tracking employee performance; coaching, hiring, training, addressing disciplinary issues timely and consistently
- Tracking the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance metrics to goal
- Monitoring, auditing, and maintaining store inventory levels
- Assisting with store inventory process
- Oversee and maintain retail operating costs within budget guidelines
- Ensuring all employees adhere to company’s policies, guidelines and culture
- Act as the store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Assisting the manager in organizing, planning and implementing store strategies
- Ensuring store schedules and are adhered to by employees
- Time keeping management
- Maintain a strong selling floor presence with a focus on providing WOW customer service and exceeding the customer’s expectations
- Support a high level of customer service by providing information; troubleshooting issues and handling escalated customer concerns
- Sales planning and generation
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintaining current professional and technical knowledge
- Implementing and upholding high standards for operational excellence on the sales floor, as well as the stockroom area.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years’ experience in a retail setting
- 2+ years proven experience as a retail assistant manager or similar position
- Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Sharp business acumen
- Attention to detail
- A focus on both the internal and external customer with our core values in mind
- Problem solving skills: the ability to think quickly and rationally to ever-changing situations
- Time management skills
- Relationship Management: a strategy in which a continuous level of engagement is maintained between the organization, customers and employees
- Experience with recruiting, interviewing, hiring and the performance evaluation process
- Familiarity with expense management
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal, mediation and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexible availability
- Stable work history
- Self-motivated and possess the desire for continued development and improvement
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and exemplary customer experience
- Event planning and social media experience are a plus
What you didn’t know about the team:
- The whole team loves to WOW their customers!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!