Customer Loyalty Team, Part Time
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering incoming phone calls, live chats, and emails to assist customers with placing new orders, processing returns and exchanges, and whatever else they might need.
- Utilizing your super sleuthing techniques to search the inter-webs for items, even if we happen to not carry something a customer wants or are out of stock - think personal shopper!
- Placing the occasional outgoing call to follow up on customers’ questions.
- Providing above and beyond – WOW! - service, while helping customers with their shopping needs.
- Working from home! – This is a remote working opportunity.
- A true passion for customers and delivering the best possible service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ninja like skills on the internet, including the ability to leap to multiple sites with lightning speed.
- Love of online shopping! It’s ok if you aren’t a shopaholic, but you have to be comfortable with the basics.
- Proficient typing and computer navigation skills
- You are self-motivated, self-starting, and self-assured self!
- Multitasker with a high sense of urgency.
- The flexibility of a circus contortionist… well when it comes to your availability to work that is. Our call center is open 24-7!
- A joy of creating fun and a little weirdness (not “restraining order” weirdness).
- We have NO call times…..our longest call on record was over 10 hours long!
- No need to follow a script...just build a personal emotional connection with each customer while delivering WOW customer service.
- Our CLT members do not up-sell; no salespeople here!
- This is a part-time position! You are expected to work a minimum of 16 hours a week. Average hours can vary dependent on business needs, but will mostly likely be between the 16-24 hours. It is possible there could be opportunities for more hours during limited periods of high customer demand.
- Shift length: Shifts will be a minimum of 4 hours, but can range longer than that dependent on business needs.
- Shift hours: The earliest shift will start at 4am PST and the latest shift gets out at midnight PST, so you’ll need to be flexible to work any hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Shift schedule: The schedule will vary from week to week, which you should know at least a week in advance.
- You must have the following:
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- You’ll need a dedicated, private space where you can comfortably deliver Zappos WOW
- Your first four weeks are a training period and consist of full time hours, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
- The pay for this role starts at $15.00 during the training period and $15.75 after the successful completion of training.
- You must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
- You get to take advantage of our 40% employee discount!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!