Sr. Graphic Designer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos Inc. is looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer or Sr. Visual Designer to work on our LA based creative team. As a Senior Graphic Designer at our company, you will produce and oversee a large range of creative materials spanning, web and social. You will lead graphic direction and create beautiful, insightful and truly impactful design for both eCommerce and media. You will be responsible for upholding the visual integrity of our studio’s output. You have your finger on the pulse of pop-culture, good design, and emerging digital trends and know how to juxtapose them to lift brand perception and increase value to the customer.
A candidate with excellent soft skills will be very successful in this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and oversee the development of a range of branded materials, including on-site experiences, social media assets and email.
- Conceptualize seasonal campaign graphic direction alongside the Art Directors
- Ensure that other designers are aligning and executing the seasonal direction according to brief.
- Work closely with management and other departments to ensure projects are on track
- Evaluate policies and processes and brainstorm ideas for improvement
- Ensure aesthetically consistent, top-notch visual output by giving and receiving constructive criticism in a positive and open manner.
- Ensure that content is aesthetically consistent by monitoring and reviewing the work of design team as well as your own.
- Complete projects by or before deadline and with ample time for revisions as necessary
- Design Expertise -- A Degree in Graphic Design or a related major and minimum 5+ years working in design -or-
- Combined equivalent of education and/or experience of 5 -10 years
- Wonderful written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Mastery of Creative Cloud apps- Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- Experience creating motion graphics is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with UI/UX tech stack - Invision, Sketch, Miro, etc.
- Crystal clear knowledge of typography, layout, color theory and general design
- Airtight understanding of best practices for mobile-enabled platforms and responsive design
- Intuitive understanding of branding concepts
- Strong ability to conceptualize graphic packages based on Art Director/Marketing briefs
- Following of current trends in digital design, fashion, and retail communities
- A love for collaboration & Mentorship
- A+ leadership skills, and an all-hands-on-deck, service-oriented mentality
- Master of multitasking
- Experience working with and giving feedback to other creatives
- An extensive understanding of marketing trends, terms, and strategy
- Ability to create comprehensive briefs outlining design standards to be shared with cross functional teams.
- Positive, can-do attitude!
- Ability to work/adjust in a fast-paced environment and keep forward thinking momentum.
- Problem-solving skills that translate business objectives into interactive application concepts.
- Attention to detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts and web.
- Well versed in development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility and the underlying design architecture. We like designers that understand this stuff.
- Passion for leading/inspiring creativity, cooperation and collaboration amongst team members.
Experience with project management tools such as Trello, Asana, etc, a plus.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!